Baking with Wayfair, sugar cookies & Salted caramel and chocolate cupcakes
Me and Darcie have been very lucky this weekend. We received some lovely baking equipment from Wayfair, so we could have a special baking session and share with you our favourite recipes. We decided to make a sugar cookie and salted caramel and chocolate cupcakes (which are simply our of this world!). These are super easy and fab to do with toddlers and children.
I have had a love hate relationship with biscuit type bakes. For some, very strange, reason I never normally get it right! That was until I bundled up this recipe! Now the ingredients may seem like a lot, it does make a mahoosive batch, so I tend to use half and freeze the other.
- 1 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tps vanilla extract
- 5 cups of plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl/mixer cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, mixing well
- Pop dough in the fridge for an hour
- The roll out, to about 1/4" thick and cut to shape (top tip, roll on to baking parchment and cut into shape, peel the excess away and you are good to go!)
- Cook at 190 degrees Celsius for around 10mins
Darcie had so much fun making these, all I had to do was measure the ingredients and give it one last mix and she pretty much did the rest! The cookie cutters we received from Wayfairs are so cute, they are fairly small which means you can make little treats as opposed to larger more indulgent cookies - they are the perfect size for toddlers.
Once the cookies are are cooked you need to place them on a cooling rack, this one is amazing. If you are short on counter space, but want to get your "bake on", this stackable cooling rack is most definitely the answer! Once cool its time to decorate!
We, sorry, I mean Darcie, opted for green icing with these rather cool dinosaur decorations. We left the rest o'natural.
Salted caramel and chocolate cupcakes
So next are these very indulgent cupcakes, which whilst Darcie enjoyed helping to make them, they are probably more a mummy treat ;).
- 200 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of softened butter
- 200grams of self raising flour
- Two eggs
- Two bars of your favourite salted caramel chocolate
- In a large bowl/mixer cream the butter and sugar together
- Beat the eggs and add to mix
- Slowly add in the flour
- Partially melt the bars of chocolate (its nicer to partially melt because then, when have cooked the cupcakes you get some lovely gooey chocolate within the sponge.... heaven)
- Add chocolate to the rest of the batter and mix well
- Divide batter into cases, this will make around 12.
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius for around 15mins
Once these had cooled nicely its time to decorate! We decided to have a buttercream frosting, with a bit of sparkle and white chocolate star shaped sprinkles!
We had so much fun experimenting with the piping kit we received - its clear I have a lot of practicing to do! But they look so pretty all the same, and with the golden glitter they look (and taste) the perfect treat for autumn.
I hope these recipes have given you some inspiration, we have most certainly had lots of fun making them ( and eating them!). Wayfair have some many fantastic products to help aid baking and encourage little ones to bake too - along with sooo many beautiful items for the home.
Mummy B xoxox